of the project “The Frame of Science” – database of scientific and documentary photography of Polish science
- The project for the creation of a database of scientific and documentary photography, entitled “The Frame of Science” (hereinafter: the Project), is organised by the Institute De Republica (hereinafter: the Organiser). The Project is open and not limited in time.
- The aim of the Project is to promote and disseminate Polish science and the effects of scientific research by collecting and displaying photographs documenting work of Polish scientists, presenting primarily objects and effects of scientific research, experiments used in scientific activities, research equipment, socio-cultural changes taking place in society, as well as historical events.
- The Project is addressed to everyone who is interested in the idea of promoting and disseminating science in the modern world, including especially scientists working and acting in Poland and abroad.
- There is no limit to the number of photographs submitted. The submission of a photograph to the database takes place on the basis of the application form, enclosed as Attachment No. 1 to these Rules, available on the Institute’s website at: iderepublica.pl.
The form includes:
– details of the person submitting the photograph;
– details of the reported photograph, with a description of the state of affairs or event depicted in the photograph.
- All submitted photographs are accepted in digital format only. Submissions should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
- Submitted photographs must not violate copyright and related legal rights. Photographs may be submitted by their authors or other persons entitled to grant a licence.
- By submitting a photograph, the author of the photograph, or another person entitled to grant a licence, grants the Institute De Republica permission to use it free of charge (non-exclusive licence), under the conditions specified in Attachment No. 2 to these Rules.
- The Organiser reserves the right to publish selected photographs.
- The Organiser reserves the right to make changes to these Rules at any time. Amendments to the Rules shall be binding from the time of their publication on the Organiser’s website.
on the processing of personal data of participants and applicants in the Project (RODO information clause)
Pursuant to Article 13(1) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Official Journal of the EU L 119 of 04.05.2016, p. 1, as amended), hereinafter: RODO, we inform that:
- The controller (hereinafter: the Administrator) of your personal data is the Institute De Republica with its registered office in Warsaw (00-761) at 23 Belwederska Street, premises 1.
- Contact to the Inspector of Data Protection at: ul. Belwederska 23 lok. 1, 00-761 Warszawa.
- Your personal data will be processed or the purpose of:
– organising and conducting the Project – processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest in connection with the fulfilment of statutory tasks;
– fulfilling a legal obligation incumbent on the Administrator, in particular connected with the archiving of documentation – on the basis of Article 6(1)(c) of the RODO in conjunction with the Act of 14 July 1983 on the national archival resource and archives;
– documentation and promotion of the Project – on the basis of a given consent.
- The Administrator will process the following categories of personal data:
- a) your first name, surname, telephone number, email address.
- The recipients of your personal data will be employees of the Institute De Republica, partners providing technical and IT services to the Administrator, institutions authorised by law as well as institutions under binding agreements (e.g., for the purpose of accounting for public funds). The data recipient will also be the Organiser – “The Institute De Republica” with its registered office in Warsaw.
- Your personal data will be processed for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. The storage period will result from the legal provisions on archiving, the office and archiving instructions on the basis of the Uniform Record Book in force at the Institute – for a period of 5 full years from the end of the Project in a given edition (in the case of materials being the Project documentation).
- You may request the Administrator to access, rectify and delete your data. You have the right to object to and restrict data processing. The scope of each of the aforementioned rights and the situations in which you can exercise them result from the provisions of law.
- If you have given your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time, which does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office (UODO) if you consider that the processing of your personal data violates the provisions of the RODO.
- The provision of your personal data is necessary for you to participate in the Project and thus to achieve the objectives referred to in point 3. The provision of personal data to achieve the objectives referred to in point 3 of this clause is voluntary.
- Your personal data will not be used for profiling or automated decision-making in respect of you.