- The Regulations specify the rules for acceptance of applications, participation and conditions for completing the Joseph Conrad Fellowship Scheme (hereinafter: the Scheme).
- The aim of the Scheme is to support participants in the implementation of their own scientific and artistic projects.
- The Scheme provides for financial support, organisation of a series of lectures and seminars, summer school activities, publication of the texts developed during the Scheme by the Institute De Republica Publishing House.
- The Scheme is aimed at students, young scientists and artists from all over Poland, in particular carrying out projects in the fields of philosophy, sociology, literature studies, cultural studies, political science and Polish history.
- The Institute De Republica is the organiser of the Scheme, with its seat in Warsaw, at 23 Belwederska Str., loc. 1.
- Participants of the Scheme may be students (persons enrolled in first- and second-degree studies or joint Master’s degree studies, conducted by authorised Polish universities), as well as graduates of university studies, who on the day of applying for participation in the Scheme were under 35 years of age and resided in the territory of Poland.
- Application for the participation in the Scheme should be submitted by completing the application form. The form is available on the website of the Institute De Republica, at iderepublica.pl. The application can only be submitted in an electronic form.
- Application for the participation in the Scheme has to be submitted by 24 November 2021. Changes and corrections to the application may only be made during this period. The date of submission is the date on which the application form is received by the Institute De Republica. We reserve the right to reschedule the deadline if at least 8 applications are not submitted.
- Application may be submitted through the electronic form available on the Institute De Republica website.
- As a result of the contest, 8 to 14 participants of the Scheme will be selected.
- Selection of participants in the Scheme is based on a formal assessment of the application and on a substantive assessment of the information provided in the application form. The substantive assessment concerns in particular information on the project and description of motivation to participate in the Scheme.
- The assessment, in the form of a score from 1 to 10, is performed by the Commission appointed in a separate act by the Director of the Institute De Republica, composed of a minimum of three members, specialists in the fields referred to in § 1.4. The number of scored points shall be decisive for the qualification to the Scheme. The Commission’s decision is final.
- By 28 November 2021, the persons selected to participate in the Scheme will be informed by electronic mail to the e-mail indicated in the application form.
- The list of participants in the Scheme will be available on Institute De Republica website, with the consent of the participants given in a separate document.
- The Scheme shall be carried out in the period from 1 December 2021 to 31 October 2022.
- The Scheme will include the following meetings and activities
- a series of 12 meetings, including 6 seminars (intended for the Scheme participants only) and 6 lectures (open to all interested parties),
- activities in the summer school (intended for the Scheme participants).
- The lecturers, seminar leaders, meeting moderators and tutors involved in the summer school are appointed by the Institute De Republica.
- The schedule of meetings and activities is available on the Institute De Republica website. The Institute De Republica reserves the right to modify the schedule.
- Meetings and activities shall take place in places designated by the Institute De Republica.
- Participation in meetings and activities is compulsory.
- As part of the Scheme, each participant will implement his/her own research or artistic project in the field covered by the Scheme, which have to be concluded with a written author’s work. The work, after obtaining positive reviews, will be published by the Institute De Republica Publishing House, under a separate agreement specifying, among others, the remuneration for the participant in the amount up to PLN 2,250.00 gross and the terms of transferring to the Institute De Republica, within the remuneration, the proprietary copyrights to the work.
- The Scheme participant will receive financial support in form of a scholarship for the duration of the Scheme, however no longer than for the period of participation in the Scheme, in case of resignation or other random events.
- The scholarship will be paid monthly in the gross amount of PLN 750.00, by transfer to the bank account indicated by the Scheme participant, by the 10th day of the following month.
- Conditions of using the scholarship and its clearing will be specified in a separate agreement concluded with the Scheme participant within 7 days from the date of receipt of a notification of admission to the Scheme.
- The scholarship shall be financed from the State budget in the part administered by the Institute De Republica, under the chapter 75090 – The activities of the Institute De Republica.
- The participation in the Scheme is free of charge.
- The Institute De Republica shall not cover the travel costs to the venues and activities of the Scheme participants.